Time and time again we visit an organisation and see the same issues preventing productivity and professionalism in a team.
Here are 5 of the most common mistakes being made with your TEAM right now…
- YOU ARE NOT LEADING THEM… In order for teams to flourish they need direction, direction with standards, rules and clear expectations. When and how do you set these standards? What do you do if they breach those standards.
- LISTENING TO THEM… This isn’t about listening to the moaning, this is about valuing what your team have to say. As a team member wouldn’t you like to think you added value, that you had something to offer. Often those doing the job, have ideas and suggestions to help make improvements.
- UNDERSTANDING THEIR MOTIVATION…. We are all motivated by different things and equally when we are motivated we do more. You will be surprised how much the environment your team work in, your leadership style and the management of colleagues affect their motivation.
- NOT LETTING THEM BE A TEAM… Teams are only teams if they work together, understand each others roles, support each others strengths and weakness and work towards a common goal. When this happens, then more work is completed. If they don’t understand what each other does, appreciate their differences, identify the skills, strengths and qualities then they maybe just a group. A group of individuals who work in isolation and possibly duplicating and taking longer on tasks than they need
- NOT DEVELOPING THEM… No matter how competent or how long a staff member has been with you, they still need development. Consider the changes that occur in your workplace and industry, how do you keep your team up to date. How do ensure they are continuously learning and being the best they can be? Often we see staff are great technically with the role but falter when it comes to people skills. How they communicate with different customers, other members of team and even yourself. How they manage time pressures and stay organised. How they process problems and make decisions to name but a few.
All 5 of these mistakes can be fixed and these skills can be taught preventing you and your team, from wasting time you haven’t got, unnecessary stress and ultimately save you money.
If you would like to discuss and work through some of these topics then please get in touch, 07708920473 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org