Tier 2 of the Leadership programme covers the Professional Practice part of being a leader. When managed incorrectly these subjects can be costly to any business and costly to those involved both emotionally and financially. This course teaches how to step in and prevent formal procedures from being invoked when possible.
Leaders will learn:
- How to set standards and be a professional leader.
- How to identify the various performance management tools to utilise.
- How to identify performance and capability issues of staff and reward and recognise high performance.
- How to identify and deal with discipline professionally and appropriately.
- How to identify and deal with staff welfare.
- How to identify attendance patterns/concerns and issues and deal with them.
This is a practical course that facilitates the empirical knowledge of leaders and enhances it. It uses a range of methodologies to ensure all learners are catered for.
The KMW Leadership Programme ensures your investment in training is applied by visiting with the students in their workplace two weeks after the course to check on the implementation from their course action plan. This not only enhances the learning but also demonstrates how an action plan can be utilised to develop and improve staff performance. Further Leadership Mentoring is available for an additional cost.
This is eight hours of learning (depending on group size) and can delivered in a number of different permutations. As a full day, two half days or four workshops.
It is recommended that leaders complete Tier 1 before attending this course, however, it is not essential. It depends on their level of experience and how much they have learnt from being a leader.