Why is everyone networking?
To answer this you need to first understand what networking is and most importantly what it is not… Too many times I am overwhelmed by someone in my face selling selling selling… Networking is not selling, its not about getting in someones face or personal space and speaking at them.
So if I spend all this time networking why can’t I sell… because you don’t need to… Networking is about listening, building trust and making relationships. If you do this, people are more likely to be interested in what you have to offer… the key is explaining what you do well…. this is known as your elevator pitch and can be different depending on the event. You get this right whether people need your product or service or not they are more likely to remember you.
Your outlook to networking needs to be about how can I help, who could I link together to help each other. Networking is a skill in itself and like any skill it can be taught.
This ‘How to Network’ workshop will enable you to understand:
- The Etiquette of networking
- What is acceptable at a networking event
- What you shouldn’t do – The Do’s and Don’ts
- How to choose the right networking event for you and your business
- How to create your ‘elevator’ speech, which means creating…. – your answer to the question ‘What do you do?’, ‘Your sixty seconds’ or even your few minutes presentation about your business.
- How to vary your elevator speech to suit your audience
You get to practice the skills you learn and the session will include a short speed networking exercise. At no point will you be asked to present in front of everyone, unless you want to of course. You won’t be forced to do anything but you will be encouraged to take part in all activities during the session.
A light lunch and refreshments are included in the price of this three hour workshop.
It is delivered by not one but two trainers who offer a wealth of experience and skills in the art of networking. They both present for a living, attend networking regularly and run their own businesses.